Friday, January 30, 2009

Seeing Things causing me to see things

You ever get that feeling like you're being watched and right on the edge of your peripheral vision there's a splash of movement, a flutter?

Yeah I get that a lot, mostly when I'm tired. I had it bad a few nights ago, so I figured the only way to get through it was to write about it. Hence I started the short story 'Seeing Things', based on a guy who starts out just seeing those smudges, but they turn into something more frightening as time passes.

A lot of people question if these stories I write are real within the universe or if the character has some type of mental illness. The answer is that, it is what you want it to be really. I mean I write realistically, I write for realism, even when the things I write about may not be part of your everyday lifestyle. So whatever you envision this character to be or not be seeing or feeling is up to you.

I really can only write the story and that takes it 50% of the way, it's up to you to read it and perceive it the way you want to. Forced perceptions will never give you the same effect as your own drawn conclusions.

But just in case, if you start seeing things at night, turn a light on until they go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment